CorpsTHAT Internship: Sol Fest Coordinator
CorpsTHAT is looking for people who are passionate about building capacity within the Deaf and outdoor communities. As a small Deaf run non-profit organization, we are looking for a fellow Deaf outdoor enthusiast or passionate ally hearing ASL users. This semester long unpaid internship will provide the intern with fundraising, event planning and film festival coordinating experience. Due to the ever evolving COVID-19 pandemic this position will be completely virtual and conducted through weekly check-ins with CorpsTHAT leaders and supervisors and independent work and tasks delegated throughout the week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops marketing strategies for Sol Fest event and for requesting film submissions
- Manages donations requests from businesses, organizations and individuals
- Creates communications asking for captioned media from outdoor and environmental organizations
- Assists with the planning and development of Sol Fest
- Creates accessible social media content that advertise Sol Fest to a broader audience
Benefits and Training:
- All needed training will be provided
- Additional training opportunities within the Deaf community and outdoor field will be available
- Access to CorpsTHAT courses and programs
- Access to job opportunities within CorpsTHAT when available and dependent on qualifications
- First-hand experience of operating a small Deaf run non-profit organization
Access to an internet connection and a webcam. The ability to self-manage time and tasks throughout the week. Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the skills to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
If you have any questions or to apply, please send Cover letter and Resume to Emma Bixler.