- This event has passed.
Project Contact Training
May 13 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Are you a project contact for an ASL inclusion or crew with Deaf Corps Members this summer? Do you work with Deaf people in the outdoors? Are you looking for resources on how to work and communicate with your Deaf and Hard of Hearing members, participants or co-workers? This training will provide you with all the needed tools, understanding and resources so that you can be more inclusive, respectful and successful. Register for our project contact training today!
In this 2 hour training you will learn:
- Introduction to Deaf community/culture
- Resources to learn ASL
- Hiring qualified interpreters
- Working with interpreters & boundaries
- Working with Deaf and hearing leaders
- How to work and communicate safely in the outdoors
- Minimize risks and emergency situations
- And so much more!
Interested in providing a training for your workplace, community or group or are you a Deaf Outdoor Professional who would like us to present to your co-workers? Contact us to discuss trainings with individual organizations.