- This event has passed.
CANCELED Night Orienteering – Prince William Forest Park
March 28 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree
** We at CorpsTHAT take participants and our community’s safety as our first priority so this event is canceled and will be reschedule to a later date due to the current situations involving the coronavirus. Please check back for updates.
Prince William Forest Park, Camp 5 – Happyland, Triangle, VA
From I-95 exit 150B (near Triangle, VA) go west on Joplin Road ~4.5 miles, then turn right and follow the red and white orienteering signs on Mawavi Road. Registration is (usually) in the Dining Hall of Camp 5. More detailed directions available using the Google map link. Note: Mawavi Road is likely to have runners on it – please be careful as you drive in. Please park in lots or where directed by volunteers (otherwise you’re likely to get a costly ticket).
Note: juniors = under 21
|Club Member, adult||Club Member, junior||Non-Member, adult||Non-Member, junior|
Team or Group Entries
Participants are welcome to compete together as a single team entry. Teams containing one or more nonmembers are charged the nonmember individual rate. Teams containing one or more adults are charged the adult individual rate. For teams to receive member or junior rates, all members of the team must be members or juniors, respectively. Each extra team map beyond the first is an additional $2. Individuals or teams desiring to compete on a second course can do so for a reduced fee of $2/map.
- If you wish to become a QOC member you should join online in advance via this webpage (which also explains the member benefits). Membership is completely optional.
- Most of our events use an ‘epunch’ timing chip for electronic timing. Individuals or groups without their own epunch pay a higher entry fee (see above), which includes the loan of an epunch for that event. Loaned epunches that are lost incur a $40 replacement fee. Epunches (also known as SI-cards or finger sticks) can be purchased from online vendors as described here.
- Former QOC members who have let their membership lapse pay non-member fees.
- Compasses are available at no charge, but if lost incur a $15 replacement fee.
- Please provide collateral (driver’s license or car keys) when borrowing a compass or epunch.
- For additional safety, whistles are available for sale at $1/each.
- Free beginner instruction is always available – just ask at the registration table.